Go to page...     1, 2, 3  Next

QQ Home  ~  Guild Wars 2 General Discussion  ~  Solo Queue

Author Info Message
User avatar OP points: 18 Reply points: 310
Why not really...The way i figure Anet has an oppotunity to actually make it work as the game is allowing it by design unlike most others.

One of the problems we had to cope with in Guild Wars was that the game doesnt tell you how good you are. Having titles that are absolutly meaningless telling you nothing other than how experienced/grindy you are. Thus, having "know it alls" and players supposedly need to build a brand to advertise themselves promoting how good they are in a community that completly discards new players.

Guild Wars is one of the most elitist games out there if not the most. All because of the fact that being good is an opinion in this game.It does'nt mean that being good is absolutly open discussion provided that there are basics largly accepted by masses as determining quality of gameplay. But still, the guy thinking that he knows how the game should be played standing next to 200 other guys all having their own opinions and compeletly disregarding everything else and considering everything other than what he thinks as compelete retardedness is something we had to deal with as fellow gamers. The line between "he just made a mistake/misplayed" and "the worst ever player" is mostly nothing but emotion. Of couse some of us are more tolerant than others. but still, such phrase like "whoru" have been in use for a long time now. Poeple point fingers to each other saying he is bad withholding the very information that "because i dont like him", "because he said i am bad so i will say he is bad too" listing bunch of reasons which are all opinionated.

An opinion can be true or false. The point is you cannot see this kind of behaviour in veriety of games, not to this extend anyways as how good you are is on paper as information revealed to the player in great detail that is trackable.


Wouldn't it be interesting to have a match history where you and others can acces the information such as; how many times did you use d-shot in this 14xx vs 14xx rating game and how many of those d-shots actually interrupted something and which skills did you interrupted. How many times did you bulls, P-blocked, P-leaked, swaped to your high set, canceled your skills, how many times did you use infuse/rc on a teammate and how much % healt did they had, how many times did you get interrupted and on which skills did you get interrupted the most and so on. Most of these would be usefull some not. But this list can go as much detailed as it can be; however, Guild Wars cannot provide the information for one, the game has evovled to this state rather than being like this to begin with and two, there are too many skills and veriety of roles most of them having different and situational usages that possibly cannot be tracked.

We already know that Anet is providing titles in to guild Wars 2 and we already know that it doesnt work. I will boldly and being not sarcastic at all say that "The person who avoids the most fights and wastes the least time runing around will be the best player in this game(Conquest)" because there is no justifiable snowballing in Guild Wars 2.And I am not using the term "snowball" to specificly compare Guild Wars 2 with DoTA/LoL. There is snowballing even in Guild Wars, that is called "Death Penalty/Morale boost". Money in C-S,Kill streaks in CoD, economy in SC. Killing players in Conquest game mode gives you no benefit other than having point to cap freely. Players take longer and longer time to resurrect as they die in Guild Wars 2 if i am not mistaken; however, chasing players off capture point hoping to kill them, one day, maybe, does not justify the time wasted that could have been used to capture/defend a point especially in a equal skilled match.

Anet can implement solo queue based on each proffesion without imposing meta over the player. Because there is supposedly no "Rock/Paper/Scissors". This cannot be done in LoL/DoTA without imposing meta but it can be done in Guild Wars 2. For one, every class is able to do everything . Therefore there are no roles set in stone for each proffesion as you chose your role and what to do on the fly. Of course players will eventually reach to a point where "Necro should be doing this and Guardian should do this"; however if Anet can actually deliver their premise of "all can do all in their own ways", the statement of "this class should be doing this and that class should be doing that" will be nothing but a personal prefference. There is no early/mid/late game in Guild Wars 2. In fact there are no stages of game play. Capping the first capture point is the same as capping the last one.Killing the Guild Lord is different than killing the first opponent, destroying the Ancient is different than taking down the first Turret.

Solo queue can be reliable if implemeted right. As you play ,for example, Necro and win games do the objective and all, you should be gaining elo as Necro because if you play necro for while and then switch to Engeneer you are not going to be as skillfull as you are with The Engeneer. Therefore having individual elo for each class on that account would work for the reasons listed above. Furthermore, there are only 8 classes in Guild Wars 2 not 100. It is completely feasible.

Another thing that can be done is tracking how well you are doing the objectives. The person who is capturing points/ fighting/ killing/ defending/ healing/ absorbing dmg and so on(everything that is relevent) in the vicinity of capture point and winning the game should gain more elo than the player who just runs around to kill stuff.And vice versa. Even if you lose the game you should lose less elo than the guy who did nothing but being waste of space. Killing ppl will win the game in low rating and lose the game in high rating. Good thing is that the game progress can be tracked in Guild Wars 2 through the objectives in great detail unlike other games especially Guild Wars and LoL.

Solo Queue would solve so many problems in the game assuming Anet adds VoiP. It sure certainly doesnt tell you that you are an infact a skillful player, but it does tell you how good are you at playing this game mode in a very consistant way. And if you are skillful, you are going to win more than you lose. New players would be more welcome as they can play the solo queue and then look for a guild with the information they can actually provide on paper. "This is how i do with the necro" and "this is how i suck at war". "these are my ratios". "This is how accurate i am with the trebluchet" provided that the information is there.

It wouldnt eliminate elitism but definitly reduce it to a point of "lets see your sheet". Show me the information of you being so amazing before telling others how bad they are and bragging how awesome you are. Because knowing the basics, knowing what to do and when to do it is not being good, doing is.
_________________
a team is only as good as the worst player in it
User avatar OP points: 30 Reply points: 1,310
TL DR: He rants about elitism and who/what tells if ppl are good/bad
_________________
||SupG || Chicks Dig Trolls / Drill Tells A Story /.... ||
User avatar OP points: 21 Reply points: 2,728 Location: Hawaii
if you only knew how many pveers are against any kind of stat-tracking
_________________
OP points: 0 Reply points: 1,241
Only scrubs hate on detailed stat tracking.
_________________
Image
OP points: 0 Reply points: 33
bring back celestial emotes what?


Both elo system and rank/titles have their pros and cons....


At the end of the day, your name should triumph any skill determinant system. So get known son.
User avatar OP points: 18 Reply points: 310
Goldenrice wrote:
bring back celestial emotes what?


Read again.

Goldenrice wrote:
Both elo system and rank/titles have their pros and cons....


Rank/Titles have no pros.. Elo system only have cons if match making fails.


Goldenrice wrote:
At the end of the day, your name should triumph any skill determinant system. So get known son.


Exept that its an opinion amongs bunch of bugs who think that they are pro-gamers.
_________________
a team is only as good as the worst player in it
OP points: 0 Reply points: 33
oxytone wrote:
Goldenrice wrote:
bring back celestial emotes what?


Read again.

Goldenrice wrote:
Both elo system and rank/titles have their pros and cons....


Rank/Titles have no pros.. Elo system only have cons if match making fails.


Goldenrice wrote:
At the end of the day, your name should triumph any skill determinant system. So get known son.


Exept that its an opinion amongs bunch of bugs who think that they are pro-gamers.


Rank/Titles = experience. If you think experience means nothing, then okay.......

You also think name means nothing..........lolol.

"ELO system only have cons if match making fails"

WTF..........if match making fails, then the ELO system has failed......... the whole point of the ELO system is to place players of equal skill up against eachother correct? So how exactly does ELO determine individual skill in a TEAM GAME when you only get points towards elo based on win/losses.......

ELO doesnt show players how much you contribute to your team. It doesn't give the average amount of points you help accumulate for your team. It doesn't show your average KDRatios from matches......


If I shit on you in lane in a 1600 ELO LoL match by killing you 6 times in 10 minutes, are you now underserving of being a 1600 ELO player or should I be in a higher ELO bracket? The ELO system does not answer that.

IMO, the ideal skill determinant system takes in account for average point accumulation you've personally been apart of, average capture points you've taken in matches, average kills, average deaths, average percentage of total contribution to team in matches. All this and more.....
OP points: 0 Reply points: 33
If you want to get "mathy" in determining skill in a team game, theres no simple way to do it. ELO system is just out of the question.

If you wanna eyeball skill, then player reputation means everything. Its simple. You do the work, you get recognized. You just keep winning and building up a name for yourself and/or your guild. ELO doesn't take in account for matches against extremely good players. You know what does? Other players. They know whos beating who. You remember big losses and big wins.
User avatar OP points: 18 Reply points: 310
Goldenrice wrote:
oxytone wrote:
Goldenrice wrote:
bring back celestial emotes what?


Read again.

Goldenrice wrote:
Both elo system and rank/titles have their pros and cons....


Rank/Titles have no pros.. Elo system only have cons if match making fails.


Goldenrice wrote:
At the end of the day, your name should triumph any skill determinant system. So get known son.


Exept that its an opinion amongs bunch of bugs who think that they are pro-gamers.


Rank/Titles = experience. If you think experience means nothing, then okay.......

You also think name means nothing..........lolol.

"ELO system only have cons if match making fails"

WTF..........if match making fails, then the ELO system has failed......... the whole point of the ELO system is place players of equal skill up against eachother correct? So how exactly does ELO determine individual skill in a TEAM GAME when you only get points towards elo based on win/losses.......

ELO doesnt show players how much you contribute to your team. It doesn't give the average amount of points you help accumulate for your team. It doesn't show your average KDRatios from matches......


If I shit on you in lane in a 1600 ELO LoL match by killing you 6 times in 10 minutes, are you now underserving of being a 1600 ELO player or should I be in a higher ELO bracket? The ELO system does not answer that.


Ok retard i will make this retard lvl clear for you to understand...

I am not saying experience means nothing nor making name.... Quote me without assumption..

The way i explean you are not only gaining and loosing elo based on your teams win and faliue. this is not LoL.
In a capture point mode it can show you your contribute to the team in great detail..Because what you do can be tracked.

LoL elo system fails becaue game progress cannot be tracked. and you only gain/loose Elo for winning/loosing no matter what.

Note: 1600elo dasdfgadsjkhfgkjadshg get lost.
_________________
a team is only as good as the worst player in it
OP points: 0 Reply points: 33
I love shitters like you.

The stupidity is undeniable.
User avatar OP points: 102 Reply points: 480 Location: The Netherlands
PvP titles are your welcome card.

I'm sure a random that never put his feet in HA that has no rank will know more then me in GvG after i had thousand of fights... (right...)

Only people that don't want titles are the ones that dont have it, same idea, the hippies complain about people with money because they cant work or have a rational life.
_________________
Image

The proud leader of the legendary Electronic Empire (eE)

ImageImage
User avatar OP points: 18 Reply points: 310
HeroYouFear wrote:
PvP titles are your welcome card.

I'm sure a random that never put his feet in HA that has no rank will know more then me in GvG after i had thousand of fights... (right...)


I really dont agree. I already stated in first post that titles do show experience for sure but it doesnt tell you about your skill. D-shot tracking was a perfect example for that.

The problem is that why would you compare yourself with some guy who just bought the game if have fought 1000+ GvGs? Compare yourself with another guy who had 1000+ GvGs and tell me which one is better without any opinion/emotions involved. You cannot do that because you dont have any access to the information.

HeroYouFear wrote:
Only people that don't want titles are the ones that dont have it, same idea, the hippies complain about people with money because they cant work or have a rational life.


This is at most irrelevent. I had Champ5 long before i stopped caring about titles before i quit the game more than 2 years ago. Your argument is nothing but assumption.
_________________
a team is only as good as the worst player in it
OP points: 0 Reply points: 33
You say titles title/ranks are meaningless, yet you need to justify your own argument with the "Oh I was champ 5, so fuck off" bullshit.

Nice joke kid.

Rank/titles gave recognition based on experience, but if you play like shit, people are going to treat you as such. Rank/titles were used to get into groups and guilds. They gave players a level of expectation they were expected to fulfill in group play.

I don't care whether or not some ELO system is implemented into GW2 or not. GW1 had GvG ratings, and that worked fine for a really long time.

But for you to think you must have an ELO system to compare skill level is lolololl.

How did we ever figure out the good and the bad r9/10/11+ players from the bad ones in HA?
Names,names,names,names,names, and names that keep on winning.

2 questions to figure out good players. Who are you? Who have you played?

And if they beat you, you may not know who they are, but you'll know they're better than you.
User avatar OP points: 18 Reply points: 310
Goldenrice wrote:
You say titles title/ranks are meaningless, yet you need to justify your own argument with the "Oh I was champ 5, so fuck off" bullshit.

Nice joke kid.

Rank/titles gave recognition based on experience, but if you play like shit, people are going to treat you as such. Rank/titles were used to get into groups and guilds. They gave players a level of expectation they were expected to fulfill in group play.

I don't care whether or not some ELO system is implemented into GW2 or not. GW1 had GvG ratings, and that worked fine for a really long time.

But for you to think you must have an ELO system to compare skill level is lolololl.

How did we ever figure out the good and the bad r9/10/11+ players from the bad ones in HA?
Names,names,names,names,names, and names that keep on winning.

2 questions to figure out good players. Who are you? Who have you played?

And if they beat you, you may not know who they are, but you'll know they're better than you.



OMG this guy is unbelievably retarded. Its not the elo system its the tracking that will compare skill lelves you moron.

I know you havent read a book in your life but if you really try, i mean REALYY try you can read a page properly.

HeroYouFear wrote:
Only people that don't want titles are the ones that dont have it, same idea, the hippies complain about people with money because they cant work or have a rational life.


This is at most irrelevent. I had Champ5 long before i stopped caring about titles before i quit the game more than 2 years ago. Your argument is nothing but assumption.[/quote]

I only said this to prove a point not to brag about it. But it just feeds the troll i guess.
_________________
a team is only as good as the worst player in it
User avatar OP points: 25 Reply points: 798 Location: C:\Program Files\Guild Wars\Gw.exe
Why did TA die?
_________________

Display posts from previous:      Sort by:

Reply to topic
Page 1 of 3   |   40 posts
Go to page...     1, 2, 3  Next
Print view  |  Previous topic  |  Next topic
 
All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Search for:
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
cron