Go to page...     Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

QQ Home  ~  All Games  ~  SKYRIM

Author Info Message
User avatar OP points: 184 Reply points: 2,663
SO MANY MODS

Most hilarious one so far is the one i downloaded that turns all the Naily Scaly Fire Floaters into randy savage
User avatar OP points: 0 Reply points: 47
http://www.curse.com/mods/skyrim/killable-children

wtf :D
OP points: 7 Reply points: 496
Macho madness, sky is the limit :D Amazing mod. Also those JaySus swords are phenomenal. I'm still playing the game mostly vanilla though, got only the mentioned swords mod, no helmets, Triss outfit and Black Sacrament armor installed.

Do you have any links to some mods that add new bows to the game?
User avatar OP points: 32 Reply points: 867
just got the game 3 days ago - right now i'm lvl 17 and playing with 2 blades, archery, light armor, smithing.

I actually startet with a bow, but changed to dual-blade, since its pretty fast and looks cool, any advices in what perks to take? i didnt rly look through all of it, i just noticed that i should take the left side on blacksmith, since it's for light armor.

is enchanting important? i noticed the end-perk is pretty strong, i just dont want to powergrind too hard on start and turn into godmode.

any other advice on how to play such a char?

also: how far is the modding already? i'll prob play it vanilla the first time, but i really wanna try some mods afterwards

Stonebender House Mafia [sC]
Smithing alone will make it godmode. Also , going light armor + sneaking might make your life easier for those weapon sets.
Quote:
Smithing alone will make it godmode

just created first vulcanic set - i actually get what ppl were saying about smithing :D

User avatar OP points: 15 Reply points: 457
On Smithing, you pretty much always want to take the Heavy Armor side: it gives you Daedric weapons (which are the best in the absence of mods), and you can spend one more point and get to Dragon armor, which is the best light armor. Unfortunately, if you go up one side of the Smithing circle, it doesn't connect at the far end (Dragon armor) and loop back around. You also definitely want the central skill in Smithing so you can improve magical shit--the only problem is that Enchanting completely breaks the game once you get that final perk that allows 2 enchants per item since it's ridiculously overpowered.

For Heavy armor users, you obviously want to go up the Heavy side, but you don't have to get Dragon since Daedric armor is better than Dragon.
For Heavy armor users, you obviously want to go up the Heavy side, but you don't have to get Dragon since Daedric armor is better than Dragon.

Not only is heavy Daedric better stat wise but it looks better too. Freakin skeletor. Light dragon looks pretty good tho.
Los Dopos wrote:
just got the game 3 days ago - right now i'm lvl 17 and playing with 2 blades, archery, light armor, smithing.

I actually startet with a bow, but changed to dual-blade, since its pretty fast and looks cool, any advices in what perks to take? i didnt rly look through all of it, i just noticed that i should take the left side on blacksmith, since it's for light armor.

is enchanting important? i noticed the end-perk is pretty strong, i just dont want to powergrind too hard on start and turn into godmode.

any other advice on how to play such a char?

also: how far is the modding already? i'll prob play it vanilla the first time, but i really wanna try some mods afterwards

You should check out the sneak mastery. Since you use daggers, you might as well max up everything in sneak.
If you got skill points left over after you get whats neccessary in sneak, light armor, light armor smithing, and one-handed. You should also level some stuff in archery, especially the one where it slows time down. It helps you get some pre-emptive strikes to wear em down before you go all in with your dual daggers. Besides, you get the critical damage bonus from bows in the sneaking line.

Always keep some poison on hand which you can easily get from the spiders you kill. I'm not sure if you will still have points left over, but theres a perk in restoration where once a day, if your HP drops below a certain amount then you get a heal. Try to look up Nightingale Armor, its really cool once you go far enough in the thieves guild.
IGN Paul Yang, Triangle Offense
thanks for those advices already given, but i actually decided to start over again (as i did in morrowind and oblivion aswell after a short time) for several reasons:

1. i rushed through the mainquests in 3/4 days via fast-travel and all this shit, i am really going to take my time now, playing sidequests and exploring the world, leaving the mainquests by side for the start
2. dual-wielding looked amazing and was quite fun, but i feel like it isnt any effective at all since i can only swing 1 weapon anyways
3. overall i didnt rly put much thinking in my char when i started out and just went for light armor, while i actually prefer tanking and smashing shit rather than playing stealth-mode.

So here is the idea i had for my new char. I want to play some sort of battle-mage:

Race: ? (Any advices here? I like nord for the style, does it matter? breton sounds good)
1. Hand: 1h Maze or Sword (Maze for the style, sword seems way more effective cause of the speed though)
2. Hand: Destruction or Illusion Magic - i always played with destruction in Morrowind/Oblivion, i'd like to give illusion a try as it seems quite fun
Other attributes will be blacksmith, enchanting, heavy armor, ???

Any advices in which weapon/magic line to prefer and which race to pick? thanks inb4, this game is awesome

Dual wield is very powerful actually, you just need that +50% dmg on power attacks perk. Also with 2 ranks in flurry you can attack a lot faster when using dual wield, until then use a dagger + sword.
User avatar OP points: 15 Reply points: 457
Dual wielding's main weakness is the inability to block--some of this can be counteracted by going with heavy armor, at least in the early game. You can attack with both weapons (left and right click), and the double power attack (hold both mouse buttons) is hugely powerful if you can land it.

Once you get up to high Smithing and have high level improved armor, Light and Heavy armor both can max out your defense rating (I think it's 567 for max damage reduction). Heavy can get this amount a lot more easily.

All the races have the same total number of skill points already allocated, so the only thing that really matters is what special abilities the races give. I'd suggest you go with a race that gives an ability that's either hard or expensive to get any other way. Here's the three best races:

- Breton: 25% magic resistance, once-a-day 50% magic absorb for 60 sec. These are the best all-around guy, probably. Bretons can beat the fuck out of Dragon Priests and Dragons really early on due to these two abilities. They make great stealth characters and mages. Strong tank-type warrior.
- Orc: Berserker Rage power: once a day, you deal double damage and take half damage for 60 sec. Good dual wielder warrior type; smashes the shit out of bosses if you have your Berserker Rage recharged. I'd use an orc for a balls-deep fighter. Fuck defense, I'm not in rawr anymore.
- Khajit: Extra claw damage is useful if you make an unarmed punch fighter. Otherwise, they're shit. Nightvision is an easy spell effect to get.

The other races' innate abilities are largely shit.
Got bored quite fast with my first chars. I started with some Dual wield/Bow/Heavy Armor Warrior, then went to a Destruction/Illusion Mage, Sneaking/One hand/Illusion/Bow Assassin and after that to a Conjuration mage - all up to lvl 40-60.
All of those chars were just getting boring after time, allthough playing on Master it is too easy to break the game (as mentioned before).

My Warrior maxed smithing and enchanting, didnt eat any dmg and just killed everything in a few hits. After that playing mage was pretty cool for a while, until you perk the ability to just stun everything with dual wield destruction spells.
Assassin is completly broken, sneaking without making voice, beeing invisible and kill everything in one hit with 30x backstab was getting incredibly boring, there is never any danger of beeing spotted once you get a decent level on sneaking and illusion.
So i recreated a Conjurer with Daedra-Minions and a Conjured Bow, problem was i did not have to do anything but casting my 2 Dadrea's, go afk and collect the loot.

After a break of a few weeks i recently started (atm lvl 15) some kind of Battle Mage. My goal is to actually avoid the most broken perks or glitches in the game and just level stuff up while actually playing quests.

tl;dr: here's the broken shit you should actually avoid to have some fun in the game

- Smithing Tree: This stuff is completly and allows you to build equip that kills enemys in 1 hit or ignores all the damage you should actually take. / If you really want to keep Smithing, dont break it together with Alchemy and Enchanting!
Finding Armors and Weapons in Dungeons is actually a lot of fun and playing without AL 567 (which is the max armor cap) is actually quite challenging on Master Level

- Sneaking/Backstab: While it is fun to sneak around for the first hours, there is nothing more boring than sneaking to the back of every single target and kill it in 1 hit every single time. I was able to just clear any Dungeon with 0 AL cause of beeing invisible and soundless.

- Illusion Tree (in combination with sneaking): Quite fun for the first few times you use it, but skills like Frenzy or Harm are ridiculous, esp in combination with sneaking. NPCs will just kill themselves without even noticing you. So all you do is cast one skill out of the shadows and watch them die.

- Impact / Destruction: While the Damage of Destruction itself isnt that incredible you can stun a single target 100% of the time - even Dragons! If you dont use this single perk your mage should actually be quite fun.

- Twin Souls / Conjuration: Conjuration is very powerful and broken even without the last perk. Once you get a Daedric-Minion you can go afk anyways.

- Extra Effect / Enchanting: Enchanting itself is actually fine and a cool tree, but you can easily break the game by beeing able to put up 2 enchantments on an item.

There's prob a lot more broken stuff but these are the perks that completly destroyed all fun in Skyrim for me. It's a lot more fun when you just play the game, don't powerlevel ANY skills and use the loot you find in dungeons/quest/rewards.

Just thought i'd share this cause i can't be the only one who got bored quite fast by this stuff.

OP points: -89 Reply points: 1,223
I got this last week cuz it was half price. Anybody still alive?
everyone is hanging out for the mmorpg

Reply to topic
Page 19 of 21   |   305 posts
Go to page...     Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Print view  |  Previous topic  |  Next topic