Go to page...     Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

QQ Home  ~  Guild Wars 2 General Discussion  ~  whats fun about having to have someone devoted to trebbing?

Author Info Message
User avatar OP points: 13 Reply points: 2,013 Location: Internet Rage
mgrinshpon wrote:
Reverend_Dr wrote:
Just like we don't use the catapult in GW1?

I don't think anyone wants the trebuchet to be the focal point of that map and this is the concern being addressed.

What if the treb did cata-esque damage to everyone to allow for more strategy and tactics?

Not certain. But just like the Cata in GW1, it isn't the major focal point of the map, which is good. If the treb's role is similar then it would be good, but right now having someone on it all the time appears that the treb is extremely important.
OP points: 8 Reply points: 374
Reverend_Dr wrote:
mgrinshpon wrote:
Reverend_Dr wrote:

I don't think anyone wants the trebuchet to be the focal point of that map and this is the concern being addressed.

What if the treb did cata-esque damage to everyone to allow for more strategy and tactics?

Not certain. But just like the Cata in GW1, it isn't the major focal point of the map, which is good. If the treb's role is similar then it would be good, but right now having someone on it all the time appears that the treb is extremely important.

That is just one strategy that a dev used that got attention. Doesn't mean it is the best strategy.
Site Admin OP points: 200 Reply points: 2,936
Apok wrote:
Reverend_Dr wrote:
mgrinshpon wrote:
Reverend_Dr wrote:

That is just one strategy that a dev used that got attention. Doesn't mean it is the best strategy.

9k1 damage and knockback/interrupt only to other team.

Seems pretty ridic.
OP points: 1 Reply points: 589
It should do less damage and knockback more imo.
OP points: 31 Reply points: 1,145
Apok wrote:
Reverend_Dr wrote:
mgrinshpon wrote:
Reverend_Dr wrote:

If I recall correctly, there was an interview with a dev who said the best strategy was to have someone focused on the treb.

But I dont remember which one so I feel kind of like a douche not being able to back up this statement.
ThisGameIsNerd wrote:
The devs said in one interview they had multiple strategies outside of someone dedicated to the trebuchet. I think it was one with killtenrats or whatever. Either way its in one of the threads.

Devs also ran a Bulls Charge Hammer War. After Smgz did it with Sword.

They get a lot of the stuff that needs to be seen to, but they also miss stuff. They are only human, and that's the entire point of interaction between them and the community - so they can see what's an issue.
User avatar OP points: 13 Reply points: 2,013 Location: Internet Rage
ThisGameIsNerd wrote:
The devs said in one interview they had multiple strategies outside of someone dedicated to the trebuchet. I think it was one with killtenrats or whatever. Either way its in one of the threads.

Hamstorm
User avatar OP points: 81 Reply points: 2,010
Just have the trebuchet deal friendly fire and the problem is solved. There's nothing more fun than killing your own team.
Just have the trebuchet deal friendly fire and the problem is solved. There's nothing more fun than killing your own team.

than what would stop some dick in a hotjoinable game from doing just that? killing his own team on purpose for shits and giggles.

Or you still keep someone on treb and have them treb 1-2 time right before your team moves onto a point. Its better, but with the raw damage and flexibility of the treb its bound to still be important enough to have someone dedicated to it.
Oviiiii wrote:
Kaon wrote:

than what would stop some dick in a hotjoinable game from doing just that? killing his own team on purpose for shits and giggles.

Surely it's possible to change the rule set for tournament games? Especially if there is already the features in place given the ability to setup private servers?
User avatar OP points: 18 Reply points: 310
Guild Wars 2 PvP interview with Jon Peters

This is the guy who camped treb
Guild Wars 2 PvP interview with Jon Peters

This is the guy who camped treb

11:06 is what i think anet understands that a lot of mmos don't.

So it will completely change your armors colors for team colors?

Don't really like that too much. Minor but yea.

Reply to topic
Page 4 of 5   |   61 posts
Go to page...     Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Print view  |  Previous topic  |  Next topic