Go to page...     Previous  1, 2

QQ Home  ~  Sports  ~  Another reason soccer is better than football.

Author Info Message
User avatar OP points: 13 Reply points: 736
I saw the title of the video as a retort to the fact that soccer players always dive. (And in part to show Messi off as an honorable player)
Site Admin OP points: 200 Reply points: 2,936
Maybe you should like, watch the video. Or admit they don't always dive. I find it amusing people say they always do, when often going over is done not in order to gain advantage, but because you're running full-pelt and slight contact sends you off balance. Or you're trying to avoid injury.

But obviously unless you're rugby tackled to the floor you shouldn't go over. Obviously.
User avatar OP points: 177 Reply points: 4,156 Location: Boston
arnie wrote:
Maybe you should like, watch the video. Or admit they don't always dive. I find it amusing people say they always do, when often going over is done not in order to gain advantage, but because you're running full-pelt and slight contact sends you off balance. Or you're trying to avoid injury.

But obviously unless you're rugby tackled to the floor you shouldn't go over. Obviously.

Seriously man. It is almost a certainty that if you are running full speed and someone clips your ankle that you will fall over. Diving does not happen as often as people seem to imply.
Yeah, I completely understand that. But they always try to sell it and bring out their inner Hollywood. Obviously they're going for the win and possession counts for so much. And don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to undermine any sport. I love all sports. Watching the occasional EPL game on ESPN is awesome.
User avatar OP points: 177 Reply points: 4,156 Location: Boston
Ein wrote:
Yeah, I completely understand that. But they always try to sell it and bring out their inner Hollywood. Obviously they're going for the win and possession counts for so much. And don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to undermine any sport. I love all sports. Watching the occasional EPL game on ESPN is awesome.

I can partially agree with that. You will see that they do dramatize their fall. I know the fox soccer network plays a lot of EPL and Serie A games.

Reply to topic
Page 2 of 2   |   21 posts
Go to page...     Previous  1, 2
Print view  |  Previous topic  |  Next topic