Go to page...     Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

QQ Home  ~  Guild Wars Strategy and Discussion  ~  An Attempt To Save The American Draft

Author Info Message
Site Admin OP points: 65 Reply points: 1,222
I wish not to help out anymore with the draft or a side event. Any form of a structured event requires a significant amount of planning and effort which cannot be tossed together in a few days.

The only reason I decided to help out was because the idea had a solid backing from the active GvG community. I foolishly hoped that the hype the announcement created within the community would be enough to make this idea a reality. It sure as hell wasn't going to be the (lack of a) planning committee that would make this a success.

The hype has died down, there are still no details in place and a bulk of the active community has already turned its back on the idea.
User avatar OP points: 55 Reply points: 1,215 Location: Hollywood
We don't need OVO to do the draft. It's actually just sad and ignorant that they feel the need to not participate in the draft before re-forming for the mAT in a couple weeks. They only ever play American hours and there is extra time right now before the next mAT, so it's not like they are losing any practice time. I guess they think farming draft guilds will be fun or something. Kind of pathetic, really. A nearly dead game and they don't understand the greater good and purpose in how this draft can revitalize the community. It's going to be pretty funny the times that they lose to the draft guilds, though, if we continue with the draft. I see no reason why we shouldn't. As long as enough people are still signed up for 5 or 6 teams.

As for planning Divine (sorry you kind of became the focal that everyone was dumping their info on, btw) it's pretty easy. We get the team captains together and they pick from the people who have signed up. Teams created, easy. Play on!
Zuranthium wrote:
We don't need OVO to do the draft. It's actually just sad and ignorant that they feel the need to not participate in the draft before re-forming for the mAT in a couple weeks. They only ever play American hours and there is extra time right now before the next mAT, so it's not like they are losing any practice time. I guess they think farming draft guilds will be fun or something. Kind of pathetic, really. A nearly dead game and they don't understand the greater good and purpose in how this draft can revitalize the community. It's going to be pretty funny the times that they lose to the draft guilds, though, if we continue with the draft. I see no reason why we shouldn't. As long as enough people are still signed up for 5 or 6 teams.

I think it's silly to be mad at OVO for backing out. It's their decision and quite frankly I don't blame them. There are too many questions and not enough details about this draft to anything possible at this point.
User avatar OP points: 55 Reply points: 1,215 Location: Hollywood
I'm not sure what the questions and details are. We are drafting so that American hour GvG sees more play. After a couple weeks everyone goes back to their mAT guilds, with hopefully a few of the draft guilds turning into really guilds that continue to play.
Why does it even have to be over? One guild OVO has pulled out so without the names listed in that post +Jeri that still leaves 80 odd people that have signed up / thought it was a good idea. That's also without including anyone that hasnt posted here but could be interested eg guru users??
ign ~ GW1: Gruff Nanoc / GW2: Gruff #7023
Scouts of Tyria [SoT]
All Squishies [SoFT]
Strong Connection [dc]
Muppet Warfare [MvM]
OP points: 31 Reply points: 1,230 Location: Seattle, WA
Zuranthium wrote:

Not sure why you're so mad. There are only 8 of 100 players pulling out of the draft, and its not like we don't farm you guys anyways.

We'd just prefer to play and have fun with people we already play with (no homo).

bkai pulled out as well also. Good luck w/ the draft.
ItsElGoodSir wrote:
It would have been interesting especially for some of us to been able to play with better players and learn and maybe make some new friends in the GVG community, but alas the song remains the same, the same fags wanting to play with their ass buddies over and over, being this narrow its no wonder American GVG is where it is.

no-one owes you anything, people just want to play with friends which they enjoy playing with. i'm exactly the same.
you could just ask someone to guest for you/your guild, people aren't as stuck up and moronic as you may think. that's basically how i got 'into' gvg.

ask happy feet for instance, he'd probably guest with you if you were polite. he's always been nice to me.

I never asked for nothing nor i am owed anything just as you are owed nothing from the game or the people in it, my mere point was there are cliques of people in this game pvp wise that are elitists which baffles the hell out of me because this is a game, and the last time I checked no one is making big money off of it , and they play in the same circles over and over which is their right but it also in my opinion harms the game and keeps it narrow and stagnates the growth of the pvp playerbase which is already pathetically dwindled. This was a way to mix up some of the talent and like other posts said maybe let lower level players get experience in AT's and the MAT.
User avatar OP points: 35 Reply points: 1,577
Zuranthium wrote:

Put a sock in it, jesus. Regardless of whether we get to mAT in our original guilds or not, we backed out because didn't see ourselves having fun doing the draft. This is starting to turn into a mentor program. This isn't something we wanted to do when the Guru cup mentoring was around, and it's not something most of us want to do now. If anything, I'm sure Ralph wouldn't mind doing the draft, but he can only play two days a week max as it is. That would be up to him.

I'm so sick of some of you accusing us of this elitism bullshit. Get off our ballsacks already.

get a reward together <------most important thing to make it fun and the bigger the reward the better
if people dont want the reward, thats their choice no hard feelings
clean up the threads so they are less intimidating to random people who want reward
after seeing who still wants to participate decide captains and structure on what it takes to win
i think this is a good way to go about and look at this. i get the dont want to mentor thing but im sure theres gonna be people willing to take people and micro them for a short period of time to win or you end up farming a bunch of inexperienced people but they get a reward for trying and might find someone new to play with.
Site Admin OP points: 65 Reply points: 1,222
I moderated the thread. I likely deleted it because it didn't have anything to do with signing up for the draft. If I deleted your post in error, I apologize.

Edit - I'm sorry everyone, I'm tired of moderating this thread especially since it appears that this isn't going to happen. I'm not stopping anyone from attempting to make this a reality, but you will need to create a new thread and post some solid information so that everyone is not left hanging in the dark.
OP points: 0 Reply points: 7
guild wars amercian draft league

Owners: you provided the resources aka GH vent ext, pay to end of season reward, you can name team whatever you want.
Captians: most experienced players that choose to do this, rather than being voted, owners pick
Players: Anyone that wants to play, knowing they can be benched/kicked from team
[for a good reason]
Season: A aT on saturdays, for 1 months [Not on Mat, that week would be another day]
Reward: 1/2 the total reward had, rest carries over to next month
Draft: Captains will give draftees a workout, in scrim, in any way they choose to decide if they like the draftee. Then its random roll, reversing by round, first pick is last on waiver
Free Agents: if you are kicked for a good reason, other than being bad, like you dont show up
you are not eligible till the next month, and someone not drafted can be picked up by team via waiver format that had applied to draft before 15th of month. Anyone that misses draft but wishes to play will be FA and can be picked up by any team, via waiver.

the free agent part is complicated but no worse than fantasy football and thats easy. And its 4-5 aTs a month so you could stick with your MAT team and still play if you choose. For original draft player workout would be open to all captains that bother to watch.

work from there
User avatar OP points: 17 Reply points: 352
There has always been at least two types of guilds apparent in the American community: guilds who care about winning over all else aka fun police (rawr) and guilds who care about improving the game and the American community.

Maybe some of the "newfags" are right about egos being so large that every top American guild has become apart of this fun police.

In every one of the guilds I've been in, I have always given lesser known people a chance because each and every one of us has been in that position before. All my FFs bros that still browse these forums can attest to this. We went from being a no name guild to beating Team QQ when they were rank 1 on the ladder. When I wanted No Mas No Mas to join YM, not a single person thought this was a good idea, we went 10-0 that same month. Even in DF when we were in the XoO alliance we guested quite a few XoO members to play with us in our smurf.

Now, "top" American players can't even support this unique idea because their egos are so big they are disgusted at the fact they may possibly have to play with someone they don't know. :shock:

I guess there is no reason to come back to this game because the American community seems to be irreparable.

Fun Police :'(

Anything done shouldn't require a significant investment this late in the game's life. The community would have to pool together, and it would have to be about fun.
I propose the draft to be done as a side event, where there will be 8 teams of 10 players each (so that everyone can get drafted).
There will be a designated days and times, (Tuesday AT A) for example where all the Americans will agree to play with their draft teams.

Do this imo. You don't have to leave the guild. The team captain should stay in his guild and get 7-day, and if a 7-day alt is available then even better but failing that the team captain should draft a teammate that's already 7-day. Play the AT, go back to your own guilds, etc.

WTB new guild!

Reply to topic
Page 2 of 5   |   67 posts
Go to page...     Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Print view  |  Previous topic  |  Next topic